About FirstPlay® Therapy
WHAT IS FIRSTPLAY®THERAPY?
FirstPlay® Therapy is an adapted Developmental Play Therapy model that includes an attachment-based therapeutic storytelling component, and is designed for two different developmental stages including:
- FIRSTPLAY® INFANT MASSAGE STORYTELLING, FOR INFANTS AGES BIRTH TO TODDLER. PARENTS LEARN HOW TO PROVIDE PLAYFUL, CARING, RESPECTFUL, AND NURTURING TOUCH, AS TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED FIRSTPLAY® THERAPY PRACTITIONER, TO THEIR INFANT THROUGH PLAYFUL STORYTELLING ~ THE BABY TREE HUG© MASSAGE.
- FIRSTPLAY® KINESTHETIC STORYTELLING® FOR CHILDREN AGES TWO YEARS TO TEN YEARS…AND BEYOND ~ PARENTS LEARN FIRST-PLAY ACTIVITIES AND TO TELL INTERACTIVE STORIES BY DRAWING AND PLAYING OUT PARTS OF THE STORY ON A CHILD’S BACK. CHILDREN CAN KNOW THIS TYPE OF STORYTELLING AS “BACK STORIES™" OR “HAND STORIES™”.
- BOTH OF THESE MODELS ARE TWO DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENTAL STAGES OF THE SAME ESSENTIAL NURTURING AND JOYFUL INGREDIENT ~ INTERACTIVE ATTACHMENT-CENTERED ACTIVITIES AND STORYTELLING.
HOW IS TRAINING IN FIRSTPLAY® OFFERED?
- FIRSTPLAY® INFANT MASSAGE STORYTELLING is a FIVE-day 40-hour intensive continuing education live attendance training, and you can learn more about the training at the following link: www.firstPlaytherapy.com
- Note: This is a manualized model, where you learn how to implement the FirstPlay Parent Infant Storytelling-Massage Manual© with volunteer parents that attend the training on Day-4.
- FIRSTPLAY KINESTHETIC STORYTELLING® is now offered as a 12 week 30 hour ONLINE training. You can learn more about the online training at the following link:
SUPPLEMENTAL RESOURCES FOR client families
TWO Parent Informational WEBSITES HAVE BEEN CREATED for BOTH MODELS.
- Parent website for FirstPlay Infant Storytelling Massage: www.firstplayinfantmassage.com
- Parent website for FirstPlay Kinesthetic Storytelling®:
Two separate parent manuals have been created for client families:
- FirstPlay Infant Storytelling-Massage Parent Manual©[for ages birth to two years]
- FirstPlay Kinesthetic Storytelling Parent Manual©[for ages two years to ten years...and beyond]
Copyright Developmental Play & Attachment Therapies